商务英语中常见误译解析

时间:
管理员
分享
标签: 商务英语 解析 常见

管理员

摘要:

商务英语中常见误译解析   商务英语是以适应职场生活的语言要求为目的,内容涉及到商务活动的方方面面。下面是小编帮大家整理的商务英语中常见误译解析,欢迎阅读与收藏。  例一:confirm  We'd like to inform you that our counter sample will be sent to you b……

商务英语中常见误译解析

  商务英语是以适应职场生活的语言要求为目的,内容涉及到商务活动的方方面面。下面是小编帮大家整理的商务英语中常见误译解析,欢迎阅读与收藏。

  例一:confirm

  We'd like to inform you that our counter sample will be sent to you by DHL by the end of this week and please confirm it ASAP so that we can start our mass production.

  Payment will be made by 100% confirmed, irrevocable Letter of Credit available by sight draft

  译文:

  很高兴通知您,我们的回样将于本周末用特快专递给您,请尽快确认,以便我们开始大批生产。

  付款方式为 1O0% 即期,保兑,不可撤消信用证。

  注解:

  confirmed 一词在这两句话的意思也不一样。在第一个句子中,confirm 的意思是“确认”。在第二个句子中,confirmed L/C 应翻译为“保兑信用证”,即指一家银行所开的由另一家银行保证兑付的一种银行信用证。

  例二:negotiable

  Part time barman required.Hours and salary negotiable.

  This Bill of Lading is issued in a negotiable form, so it shall constitute title to the goods and the holder, by endorsement of this B/L.

  译文:

  招聘兼职酒店保安,工作时间和薪水面议。

  所签发的提单可为转让的,故只要在提单上背书, 便确定了货物和持票人的所有权。

  注解:

  在第一句话中,negotiable 的意思是“可商议的'”,在第二句话中的意思则是“可转让的”,“可转让提单”经过背书后即可将所有权转让给他人,值得注意的是,negotiating bank 则是议付银行,即购买或贴现汇票的银行。

  拓展:商务英语活用

  Ⅰ.核心学习:New Technology 新技术

  Steve: Sorry Mike, I have to run.

  史蒂夫:对不起迈克,我得赶快走。

  Mike : Why all the hustle Steve?

  迈克:为什么这么急史蒂夫?

  Steve: I just got an urgent email that I have to deal with ASAP.

  史蒂夫:我刚收到一个紧急的电子邮件,我得尽快去处理。

  Mike : Hang on one moment! I don’t see your computer. How can you get email?

  迈克:等一会儿!我没看见你的电脑。你怎么能收到电子邮件?

  Steve: I can check my email using my mobile phone?

  史蒂夫:我可以用我的手机查看电子邮件。

  Mike : Don’t make me laugh! It’s impossible to check you email using a mobile phone.

  迈克:别逗我笑了!用手机查电子邮件根本是不可能的。

  Steve: I see that you don’t keep up with the latest gadgets my friend. I can check my email and surf the Internet using my mobile phone!

  史蒂夫:我看你对最新的技术根本不了解朋友。我可以用手机查电子邮件还能上网。

  Mike : Teach me how to please.

  迈克:教教我吧。

  Steve: OK, but lunch is on you!

  史蒂夫:好吧,午餐你请!

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Hustle: hurry, move quickly急忙、赶紧

  ex:My boss says I need to hustle when he gives me a deadline.

  老板说他给我最后期限的时候我得赶快行动。

  2) Urgent: something important or that has to be done quickly很重要或必须很快完成的事情

  ex:My girlfriend always tells me that fashion shopping is the most urgent thing in life.

  我的女友总是对我说生命中重要的事是购买时装。

  3) ASAP: short form of "As Soon As Possible" 尽快

  ex:If I have to do something ASAP, I really have to hustle to get it finished.

  如果我必须尽快去做某事,意味着必须尽快把它完成。

  4) WAP: short for Wireless Application Protocol

  无线应用协议的缩写

  ex:With WAP on your mobile phone, you can surf the Internet and check your email.

  在手机上安装WAP你就能上网和查邮件。

  5) Gadgets: new technology devices, high-tech toys

  新的技术设备、高科技玩具

  ex:My father loves new gadgets and spends hours in the stores checking them out.

  我爸爸喜欢新兴的电子玩意儿,常花上几个小时在商店里研究它们。

  Ⅲ.课文篇

  Technology always changes to bring us things to make life faster and easier. WAP is new technology for your mobile phone. With a WAP phone you can check your email and visit your favorite Internet sites using your mobile phone. If you use WAP for your email or surfing the Internet, the call charges are usually higher than a normal phone call. Email can be hard to read on your mobile phone because the screen is so small and your favorite websites will not have any pictures - just the words.

  技术的不断更新带来很多新事物让我们的生活节奏变得更快更方便。WAP是为手机设计的新技术。手机上装了WAP就可以查电子邮件和访问你最喜欢的网站。如果你用WAP接发电子邮件和上网,你的手机费用通常要比普通的手机费要高。在手机上读电子邮件很困难因为屏幕太小,而且你也看不到你喜欢的网站的画面,只能读到文字。

  Ⅳ.对话篇

  Beth : I love technology and all of the advances that it brings.

  贝斯:我喜欢新技术以及它带给我们的所有进步。

  Sally: Me too. I can get more done in less time these days with all of the new gadgets.

  莎莉:我也是,在所有的新技术帮助下现在我花很少的时间可以做更多的事。

  Beth : It’s so cool that we can even check our email on our mobile phones these days!

  贝斯:我们现在甚至可以在手机上查看电子邮件,这真是太酷了!

  Sally: Yeah, but it has one problem - my boss can always contact me!

  莎莉:没错,不过有个问题,我的老板总是能跟我联系上。

  Beth : Yeah I know - sometimes my boss will send me an urgent email late at night.

  贝斯:我知道,有的时候我的老板会夜间很晚给我发电子邮件。

  Sally: Does he expect you to do everything ASAP?

  莎莉:他要你把所有的事都尽快完成吗?

  Sally: Yep - you guessed it.

  贝斯:没错,被你说中了。

  Beth : There is a very simple way to fix this problem Sally.

  莎莉:对付这个问题有个很简单的方法,莎莉。

  Sally: Just turn the phone off, right?

  贝斯:把手机关掉,对吗?

  Beth : Correct!

  莎莉:正确!